Your computer can be a victim of Safe Search virus when you install free application from Internet. If so, your web browser (Firefox, IE, Chrome) will be hijacked and a Safe Search engine will be set as your startpage and default search engine. Once Safe Search virus has been activated on your computer , it will not let you through Google.com or other legit website. Everytime you try to use Google, the Safe Search will appear automatically. that website is a house of spam which will display bunch of commercial advertisements and unwanted content. We all know that browser hijacking malware like Safe Search are very dangerous and they can destroy your computer, you are advised to deactivate Safe Search by uninstalling SafeSearch virus from your computer to protect your system.
What is Safe Search malware and why should i remove it:
- The Safe Search malware is a corrupt application that is created to harm your computer, it is completely unsafe.
- It is an invasive program that attacks your computer and may use any possible malicious methods to get installed.
- It modifies your system and browser settings without asking your permission.
- It leads you to network of suspicious websites, and may install further infected software automatically.
- It Spams on infected computers, displays annoying advertisements.
- Violates your privacy, steals persoanl information, tracks your browsing history.
How to manually remove Safe Search malware:
To uninstall Search engine, add-ons, plugins and toolbars carried by Safe Search malware virus, open the Add-on manager of your browser which page can be accessed by clicking Tools > Internet options in Internet explorer. Similarly, open the Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox or other program`s settings. It may looks like (or a bit different) as shown in the image below.
Now respectively, select Toolbars and Extensions and then remove the Safe Search malware if it appears. Then click Search Providers and find the Safe Search malware and remove if found.
Now Go to Browser settings and:
Delete cache and browsing history.
Make sure the Pop-up blocker is ON.
Homepage is set to a safe website or is Blank.
Now open the Control Panel:
open “Programs and Features” or “Add/Remove Programs”
Find the Safe Search malware in the list of installed programs, select it and click Uninstall/Remove.
Safe Search virus removal tool
Download a software from below to automatically detect and remove this virus from your computer.